Tauranga Archers shooting rules are subject to change without notice.
Please check with Tauranga Archers committee for the most current rules.
The archery range at Graham Park is leased to Tauranga Archers by the Tauranga City Council,
and we must all ensure that we conduct ourselves safely. We are in a public space,
members of the public should be able to pass safely.
If there is any potential risk to the public stop shooting immediately until the risk is cleared.
You must have completed the Accident Waiver and Release of Liability form to participate in club shooting.
Please check with a committee member if you have not completed this form before commencing your shoot.
In order to ensure your safety and the safety of others on and near the range,
members must abide by the following rules at all times, including when entering or leaving the archery range.
Spectators should be made aware of these rules where applicable.
- Do not aim, shoot at, or point your bow towards another person.
- Always follow the Range Officer's instruction and direction.
- Do not point your loaded bow upwards (sky-drawing).
- Do not fire bows without an arrow (dry-fire).
- Do not use bows over 60 lb. peak weight (compound).
- Do not run on the range.
- Closed-toed footwear must be worn at all times.
- Do not use crossbows, unless by approval of club committee.
- Do not jump or climb on targets. If you can't reach an arrow please ask another member for assistance.
- Do not touch another archers equipment without permission.
- Do not shoot under the influence of alcohol or any other drug that may impair your judgement.
- Always treat all club equipment with respect. Damage or misuse to Tauranga Archers equipment may result in a request for replacement costs, or withdrawal of Tauranga Archers club membership with no refund.
- Always use the footpaths when entering and exiting the archery range.
- Always use practice field points only, no broad heads or otherwise.
- Always check in front and behind of targets for risks before shooting.
- The archery range targets are only for use for fully paid up members of Tauranga Archers.
- All shooters under the age of 16 should be accompanied by an adult of 18 years or older.
- If no Range Officer is on duty, do not retrieve arrows until every archer has completed their set and put their bow down, standing behind the shooting line unless there is at least a 5 metre gap or two empty targets between shooters
- Avoid bragging about your equipment, or mocking another archer's equipment.
- Avoid offering unwanted advice, unless a risk of injury is apparent.
- Avoid talking to archers that prefer to be silent when shooting.
- Avoid shooting at distances beyond your, or your equipment capacity.
- Avoid holding up the range on busy days by taking an excessive time to shoot.